Sunday, August 11, 2013

Rodgers Rules Out Move For Cissokho & Costa

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has ruled out a move for Aly Cissokho of Valencia and says Diego Costa deal now seems unlikely.

Rumours suggested that Liverpool had agreed to pay Valencia £870,000 for a year-long loan with the option to make the deal permanent at the end of the season for a further £3.5million.

'There’s nothing on the Cissokho story,' Rodgers said.

The full-back had claimed that terms have been agreed with Liverpool, although admitted that any move is far from finalized.

'Liverpool has made me an offer and it is true that I have reached an agreement with them,' Cissokho told Le 10 Sport.

'It is now up to the clubs to agree terms. I expect to know more later this week.

'If nothing happens this week, it probably means that I will not be going to Liverpool.

'The conditions of the transfer are the problem. Liverpool prefers a loan deal with an option to buy, while Valencia wants to sell straight away.

'If the transfer doesn’t take place, it’s not a problem either. I am feeling well at Valencia.'

He added: 'I believe Costa has signed an extension. There’s nothing in terms of players to add.

'We’ve signed players early on and we hope to sign some more before the end of the window.

In the meantime, there’s nothing at the minute.'

Atletico Madrid striker Costa, who scored 20 goals in 44 matches for the Spanish club last season said earlier in the week: 'I'm well here, I'm happy here.

'As I've been in Argentina and Uruguay I've not heard anything about this. I'm happy here, if the club wants me to be here, I'm going to be here.

'I think that our coach (Diego Simeone) counts on all of us, not just me. He knows how important it is to maintain the squad, the fans know it as well.'

No comments: