Kenny Dalglish has insisted Liverpool will continue conducting their transfer business in the appropriate manner and will not publicly chase players.
There was expected to be movement in and out of Anfield this summer as Dalglish puts his plans in place for what the club hope will be a more successful 2011/12 campaign.
The Reds have been linked with a large number of players since the end of last season but, apart from signing midfielder Jordan Henderson, have so far been quiet in the market.
Dalglish, though, has played down suggestions that he should be worried about not bringing in many reinforcements during the early part of the summer.
"Pre-season has not started. We don't begin until Monday, but obviously transfers are part of football. You get people moving in and moving out," Dalglish told Sky Sports News after receiving an honorary degree from the University of Ulster in Northern Ireland.
"We are not going to speculate on any players we have or any players anyone else has. There has been plenty of talk in the newspapers and if you read them and believed them, we'd have a squad of about 300 next year.
"We've just got to get on with what we've got to do. We do our business and we try to do it properly, with respect to other people, and we will continue to do it.
"The names they conjure up in the newspapers, sometimes they will be accurate and sometimes they will inaccurate."
Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adam and Manchester City's James Milner are two players to have been connected with Liverpool but Dalglish refused to confirm or deny an interest in the duo.
"There's no point asking about anybody because we're not going to talk about them, and we never have done," said the Scot.
"Managers don't talk about individuals and I think that's the right way to be."