Sunday, August 11, 2013

Arsenal & Liverpool After Santos Youngster

Victor Andrade has been hailed as the next Neymar and is being targeted by a whole host of English clubs, including Arsenal and Liverpool.

Santos, the club that nurtured Neymar before his big money move to Barcelona this summer, now has 17-year-old Andrade on their books and he is being hotly tipped as the next Brazilian star.

The youngster is yet to be tied down by Santos on a long-term contract and this has grabbed attention from Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City, as well as Liverpool and Newcastle, Sky Sports report.

Sky Sports reveal that Andrade is represented by the NVA Entertainment Group in England.

A spokesman for the company spoke to Sky Sports and said: "We can confirm that there is interest in England in Victor, and not unsurprisingly from some of the bigger clubs.

"Victor is a wonderful talent, but we and his family are calm and we are confident his future will be resolved at the right time, in the right way."

Former Manchester City striker Robinho is the 17-year-old’s godfather and he has told him what it was like to play in Europe.

"Quite simply, I would love to play in Europe," Andrade was quoted by the Mirror.

"My godfather Robinho has told me of the great experiences he had at Real Madrid, Manchester City and AC Milan. He told me how it made him a better player because playing in Europe means you must adapt to different styles and systems."

It looks likely that one of the English clubs interested in Andrade will sign the striker after he revealed that the Premier League was on his mind.

"I think it will be a great education for me. Everybody around the world knows about the strength of the Premier League.

"It is a very exciting prospect for me. My dream is to play for Brazil in the World Cup and I believe that moving to Europe will help me because it will help my all-round game.

Andrade has decided to take the plunge quicker than Neymar, stating he is ready to leave this season even at just 17 years old.

"I have no problem with Santos. They have helped me a lot. But I think the time is right for me to experience a change."

No comments: