Friday, January 04, 2013

Liverpool Target Hopeful Of Paris Saint-Germain Stay

Liverpool has been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain forward Kevin Gameiro, after the forward revealed his intention to see out the remainder of the season with the Parisian giants.

The Frenchman has been linked with a move to Anfield in recent weeks as Brendan Rodgers seeks to strengthen his attacking options.

Gameiro only joined PSG in the summer of 2011, but the arrivals of Zlatan Ibrahimvovic and Ezequiel Lavezzi from AC Milan and Napoli last summer has seen his first team opportunities limited.

But the 25-year-old has underlined his intention to remain at Parc de Princes until at least the end of the current campaign.

“I have already told everybody that I am a Paris St Germain player and I hope to remain so until the end of the season,” Gameiro said, Sky Sports report.

"I was lucky to score some goals in the first half of the season and I hope that kind of form will allow me to get more first-team opportunities."

Gamiero joined PSG from Lorient for £9 million in the summer of 2011, scoring 14 times in his debut season for the club.

No comments: