Friday, January 04, 2013

Henderson: Time To Take My Opportunity

After making his 50th league appearance for Liverpool against his old club on Wednesday, Jordan Henderson pledged to continue working hard and grasp every opportunity Brendan Rodgers gives him.

Having excelled despite illness during the 3-0 victory over QPR on Sunday, the midfielder was impressive again as the Reds swept aside his former employers Sunderland in the Barclays Premier League.

The 22-year-old hopes his recent run of games can be a platform to regular first-team football.

"It's obviously nice to play as many games as you can. I've got to keep doing that and hopefully I can play more games," Henderson told Liverpoolfc.com.

"I've just been working hard, keep plugging away. Over Christmas there are a lot of games so the whole squad is needed.

"You've got to take the opportunity when it comes. I've enjoyed playing so hopefully I can keep working hard, improving and getting my chance.

"We're very pleased with the performance and the result - I think we defended very well, created lots of chances and overall we deserved to win the game.

"Every time we have started well, we've managed to go on and score a few goals. We'll look to do that all the time. The most important thing is to win the game and we managed to do that."

No comments: