Friday, January 04, 2013

Alonso Considers Liverpool Return

Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso could make an incredible return to the Premier League after he admitted that he could leave the Spanish giants.

Alonso has 18 months left on his contract and the 31 year old is struggling to agree terms on a new deal.

“I've no idea what will happen,” Alonso told reporters in Spain.

“I have not decided on my future. I will only stay at Real Madrid if I can offer the same level on the pitch as I can now and we will see what happens in the next few months.

“There is always a chance I could go back to the Premier League as I always enjoyed good times there."

Alonso helped Liverpool win the Champions League, FA Cup and Community Shield before adding to his trophy haul in Madrid.

Last season's La Liga title followed the club's Copa del Rey triumph a year earlier while Alonso was an integral part of the Spain sides which won Euro 2008 and 2012, along with the 2010 World Cup.

He was also named the best midfielder in the Spanish top flight last season.

No comments: