Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pacheco Eyes Liverpool Success

Spanish winger Daniel Pacheco is determined to prove himself at Liverpool this season.

Pacheco has been on the books of Liverpool since 2009, but has failed to secure a regular starting berth, playing on loan for Norwich City and Rayo Vallecano over the past one and a half years.

Pacheco has made just two competitive appearances under Brendan Rodgers this campaign, and is keen to impress his manager as the season progresses.

"I am trying to work very hard to get into the team," the 21-year-old told Liverpool's official website.

"I've played a few games and I think I did quite well, so hopefully by working every day and playing in games with the U21s, I can get back into the team and play a few more games.

"I hope this is a new opportunity for me. I want to try my best. We have already seen he is giving a chance to the youngsters, so hopefully I will get one in the next few games.

"I think every season is a crucial season for everyone, but maybe because I haven't played that many games in the last seasons, maybe this is the one I can break into the first team - and I'll try my best to try and make that happen."

Pacheco also revealed how he could have been sent on loan to a Spanish club in the summer.

"We've spoken about my situation," he said. "In the summer, I was supposed to go on loan to Spain but it didn't happen.

"I went to talk to him [Rodgers] and he was very honest with me. He said he would treat me as a professional and an adult. He has given me the chance to try and impress him - so now it is my job to try to do my best.

"His style is definitely a style that suits me. It's the way we like to play in Spain and I've been playing all of my life. We have shown already we are playing good football and I am sure the results will come."

No comments: