Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lucas Won't Rush Reds Return

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva has vowed not to rush his return to action from his latest injury.

Lucas is currently recovering from a thigh injury he picked up in the second game of the season against Manchester City after spending most of last season on the sidelines with a serious knee injury.

The Brazil international is not expected to return to action until November at the earliest and Lucas insists he will only return to action when he feels he is ready.

"It's been the worst experience of my career because I've never had experience of injuries," Lucas told the club's official website. "The knee injury was bad because it's a long-term injury and I had to recover for seven, eight months. But this one has been worse, because I'd got so close. I was feeling well, feeling fit. To have to wait again and start another rehab, it's been very difficult.

"I've just got to try and be positive. There is nothing I can do, just try to get right again and not rush, be with the family and try to be strong.

"It's important not to rush, to get back when I really feel able to play 100 per cent."

No comments: