Friday, September 21, 2012

Borini Putting The Hours In

Liverpool forward Fabio Borini has reassured fans that he will soon be hitting the net, confident that the hard work he is putting into his training will pay off sooner rather than later.

The summer arrival from Roma has found the net just once thus far in his eight appearances in a Liverpool shirt, against Belarusian side Gomel in a Europa League qualifier in early August.

The goal-shy Italian has found himself deployed in a wide left role rather than a preferred central position more often that not, but is determined to see his hard work on the training ground come to fruition on the pitch.

"It's just probably a moment or a matter of inches or luck,” Borini told the official Liverpool website.

“But I think we have qualities to convert the chances, we see in training and we work every day on shooting. It will come."

"I'm working really hard on the training ground.

"On my physical condition, technical side and tactical as well, with the manager and the assistant manager after training, with Luis (Suarez) and all the other players."

The hard-working forward has already exhibited his goal-scoring prowess to Brendan Rodgers during his loan spell at Swansea City in 2011, where the striker netted six times in a brief nine appearances.

While Borini does see his preferred position through the middle, he maintains he is happy to play anywhere his manager tells him.

“My favourite position and my natural position, as I've said in the past, is up front, because I played there every time in my career,” Borini added.

“But if to help the team I need to play left or right, midfield or even in goal, it's not a problem because to help the team I will do anything. That's the way it is, and all the players have to do that.”

No comments: