Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Standard Chartered Joy At Liverpool FC Deal

Standard Chartered Bank, which employs 70,000 people worldwide and whose emblem will replace Carlsberg’s on Liverpool’s famous red shirts from next season, today hailed their new £80m, four-year shirt sponsorship deal.

While registered in London, SCB conducts most of its business in Asia and other parts of the world and its chairman John Peace said today as the deal was announced: “I am absolutely delighted.

“I am delighted for Liverpool Football Club and its fans, and particularly delighted for Standard Chartered and its stakeholders.

“It will be a great four years and we're looking forward to seeing some exciting football and working closely together with the team.

"Liverpool has a great heritage and has had some fabulous football teams over the years with great managers. With the heritage of Standard Chartered Bank we have a lot in common. We are both going places and that is important going forward.

“I think Liverpool will have a fabulous season and a lot of success in the coming years. Our bank is in a very similar position. I am delighted we are able to enter into this agreement today.

“Standard Chartered today operates in a global market, in a global economy. Liverpool recognised, very wisely in my opinion, that the market for football is global.

“Together we will find some new and very enthusiastic fans for the team.

“I can't wait until the day I see the Liverpool players wearing the logo of our company on their shirts. I'm really looking forward to that day.

“I am hoping this season I can say congratulations on winning the Champions League. And if at the same time you can win the Premier League then it won't be a bad way to start our relationship in 2010.”

No comments: