Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Itandje Aware Of Interest


Charles Itandje admits he could be tempted into securing a permanent move away from Liverpool.

The Reds keeper is currently taking in a season-long loan spell at Greek outfit Kavala, having been deemed surplus to requirements at Anfield.

His career on Merseyside appears to have come to an end, with Rafa Benitez now well-stocked in the keeping department.

That suggests the former Lens shot-stopper could be offloaded were a suitable approach to be lodged.

Greek giants Panathinaikos are reported to be keen on the 26-year-old, and Itandje has revealed that he is aware of mounting interest in his services.

"I am aware that there is interest but I am on loan at the moment so let's wait and see," the Frenchman told skysports.com.

"I have a contract with Liverpool until 2011, but I will never get the chance to play for the first-team there, so any other opportunities would be good for me."

No comments: