Friday, September 26, 2008

Liverpool v Everton Derby Bigger Than Arsenal v Tottenham: Former Spurs Ace Keane

Former Tottenham Hotspur forward Robbie Keane believes Merseyside derby between Liverpool and Everton is bigger than north-London clashes between Spurs and Arsenal.

Keane, who joined Liverpool in the summer from Spurs, is hoping to play against the Toffees as Rafa Benitez’s side head to Goodison Park for their first derby of the season.

Republic of Ireland international, Keane is yet to open his scoring account for the Reds, and is gearing up to make a big impression in the derby game tomorrow which marks the 208th Merseyside derby.

The 28-year-old, who cost the Reds £20million in the summer, is quoted in the Mail Online as saying: “I think every player wants to be involved in big games and they don't come any bigger than Everton against Liverpool.

“Playing against Everton is something that I'm really looking forward to. As a player you always want to play in games like this and I've been involved in a few derbies in my time.

“The north London derby with Arsenal while I was with Tottenham was fantastic and I'm sure this will be no different - and even better.

“It's the first one of the season so I think everyone is looking forward to it - especially me.

No comments: