Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Suarez Irked By Irritating Manchester Fans

Luis Suarez has pointed the finger at Manchester fans for making his life with Liverpool a living hell.

The Uruguayan striker, who is understood to be seeking a move away from the Reds this summer, insists he and his family are being forced out of the Premier League by annoying rival fans.

Describing a recent incident in an interview with RR-Gol, he said: ‘About a week ago I was walking in a shopping centre near Manchester and three or four guys asked me for a photo. While we were posing for it my wife said to me “Luis, get out of the photo”.

‘She noticed they were making biting gestures. I was with my wife and my daughter. Things like that get on your nerves.

‘My wife was on the brink of tears and the blokes ran off laughing. You get tired of stuff like that.’

Another bone of contention was the severity of his eight-match ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra, in comparison with John Terry, who was given just a four match ban for a similar incident involving Anton Ferdinand.

‘Without any proof they gave me an eight match ban, but with Terry, where they had proof and lip-readers, they gave him four,’ he added.

Suarez, who has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, also spoke of his desire to link up with Cristiano Ronaldo at the Bernabeu, and once again lashed out at the English press for ‘unfair treatment’.

No comments: