Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Iago Aspas All Set For Liverpool Move

Iago Aspas is set to complete his move to Liverpool today after undergoing a medical.

Celta Vigo forward Aspas, 25, has cancelled a Caribbean holiday to ensure the £7.2 million deal goes through this week and arrived on Merseyside last night.

He told Spanish sports paper Marca: "When I heard of Liverpool’s interest I did not hesitate even for a minute.

"(Liverpool) is one of the biggest clubs in the world and although I had offers from Italy and Portugal and other countries I decided my future was in English football.

"I hope I will get help from (Jose) Reina, Suso, Dani Pacheco, Luis Suarez, (Philippe) Coutinho, Lucas Leiva and Jose Enrique,' added Aspas.”I'm calm, but at the same time I'm very emotional about taking such an important step in my career."

Aspas is set to be joined at Anfield by Sevilla’s Luis Alberto who is expected to complete a £5m move by the end of the week.

No comments: