Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Lucas Advises Atlético Paranaense Youngsters

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva has been sharing some advice with the youngsters of Atlético Paranaense.

The 26-year-old was invited to the Atlético Paranaense training ground to chat to the young players about how he made it as a professional footballer and to give them advice on how they can do the same.

Lucas left Grêmio in 2007 to move to the Premier League and join Liverpool where he has become a huge success.

He hoped the lecture would encourage the young hopefuls to follow in his footsteps.

He told the club’s official website: "I hope I’ve managed to share some of my experiences and they can understand football today is becoming more professional and requires increasing dedication and commitment."

Later, via Instagram, Lucas, who has made 20 appearances for the Seleção, thanked the club for the opportunity to inspire the young footballers.

He posted: "I would like to that Atlético-PR for the invitation to chat with the kids about my career from when I left home until the present day."

No comments: