Thursday, May 02, 2013

Ivanovic Forgives Suarez For Biting Him

Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic says that he has forgiven Luis Suarez for biting him when the two sides last met.

Suarez bit Ivanovic during last month’s Premier League fixture and was consequently handed a 10 match ban by the Football Association.

The 29-year-old is not dwelling on the matter and, in an interview in his homeland, confirmed he does not hold a grudge against Suarez.

"When it happened I was really surprised and, of course, in shock," Ivanovic told Vecernje Novosti.

"But, when the match it ended, it all cooled down. I almost forgot about everything.

"The next day we talked on the phone and I accepted his apology. I didn't attack him for what he had done, but I also didn't defend him.

"But I forgive him. For me that can happen. But I really don't care too much."

No comments: