Monday, December 10, 2012

Sahin: My Position Is All Wrong

Nuri Sahin says he is trying his best for Liverpool – but that boss Brendan Rodgers is playing him in the wrong position.

The Turkish international joined the Anfield club on a season-long loan from Real Madrid in the summer.

Spanish giants Real snapped up Sahin after watching him dominate games from a holding midfield role for Borussia Dortmund during his 135 league games for the Bundesliga club.

But when Sahin, 24, turned up at Liverpool, he found himself playing behind striker Luis Suarez.

And he says his new role is one he is finding difficult.

Sahin said: “I’ve played my whole career deeper – that’s my position.

“But I have played as a number ten here. It was new for me but I tried my best to help the team.

“If I could choose a position it would be holding, as I feel more comfortable playing deeper and can give my all.”

No comments: