Thursday, August 23, 2012

Gerrard Eyes Suarez-Torres Partnership

Luis Suarez and Fernando Torres became Liverpool teammates for a mere matter of hours before the latter joined Chelsea on deadline day in January of last year.

But the forward duo will finally have the opportunity to play alongside each other - well at least in the imagination of Steven Gerrard, after the Reds captain revealed he had picked both players for his fantasy football team.

Gerrard and Torres formed a particularly potent combination during the Spaniard's four years at Anfield, and the England midfielder clearly has fond memories of their days together on Merseyside.

A pairing of Torres and Suarez would certainly strike fear into defences across the Premier League, and Gerrard is expecting his forward partnership to bear fruit this season.

“I’ve settled on my front line, I’ve gone for Suarez and Torres – I’ve copied off Harry Redknapp," he told The Fantasy Football Club.

Gerrard has, however, opted not to include himself in his fantasy football XI, as the pressure of being Liverpool and England captain is quite enough to deal with already.

“I like the sound of that to be honest," he added. "I’ve left myself out though, I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself.”

No comments: