Friday, April 20, 2012

Suarez - Reds Will Be Stronger

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is confident the Reds can emerge stronger next season after a turbulent campaign at Anfield.

The Merseysiders' season has been full of ups and downs, with Kenny Dalglish's men reaching two cup finals but struggling to make an impact in the Premier League.

Poor results in the league have heaped pressure on manager Dalglish, while director of football Damien Comolli was dismissed by the club earlier this month.

The Reds were also at the centre of a racism row after Suarez abused Manchester United defender Patrice Evra, with the club attracting widespread criticism for their support of the striker.

However, the Uruguay international believes Liverpool can come back a better side next term as a result of this season's turmoil.

"You are bound to enjoy picking up trophies and medals, of course you are. But you learn most about one another during a bad patch - you learn how to stick together even more," said Suarez.

"No team has success after success. All clubs, teams and players go through good runs and bad runs. That is football.

"Even the very best of all time have bad periods, but it is how they react that defines them.

"If you react in the right way and support each other, adversity can be a good thing in the long run because you become stronger."

Suarez has voiced his gratitude to manager Dalglish for his "100% backing" despite the controversy that has surrounded him this season.

The Reds boss gave the striker his unqualified support during the racism inquiry, which resulted in the Football Association suspending the 25-year-old for eight games.

Suarez told Liverpool's official magazine: "Apart from the fact that he was the person that signed me, I appreciate the fact that I've always felt that I've had 100% backing from Kenny Dalglish.

"This is very important for any footballer. He understands me as a player and as a person. He knows what I can do and that I will always give everything for the team on the field.

"Importantly, because he was a striker himself, if there are things I need to put right, he tries to help me by giving advice.

"I always take it in the right manner because I respect the fact that he played in the same position as me and is one of the greatest, if not the greatest player, in the club's history."

No comments: