Saturday, November 19, 2011

Liverpool Miss Out On Johnson

Adam Johnson has signed a new four-year deal with Manchester City, putting an end to Kenny Dalglish’s alleged interest in capturing the England winger for Liverpool.

After arriving at Eastlands from Middlesbrough in January 2010, Johnson has impressed with some very creative, sparky performances.

At the age of just 24, he has time to mature into an even better player too, and will doubtlessly add to the nine England caps he already has.

"This club's going places and I want to be at one of the top clubs in Europe,” he explained to the club’s official website. "I wouldn't have signed if I didn't see a big future here."

"I'm delighted to sign, I'm just glad it's all sorted out. It was never on my mind when I was playing. You can't let that happen, contracts can take a long time these days.

"I want to become a top player, I want to keep winning things and picking up medals.

"It's great being part of it - my game's improved, I'm playing for England and in the Champions League, that probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't come here."

Having scored thee times in six Premier League matches so far this season, Johnson has laid some sturdy foundations for a good year under Roberto Mancini.

No comments: