Saturday, November 19, 2011

Aquilani Reveals £5.2 Million Liverpool Buyout Clause

AC Milan midfielder Alberto Aquilani has revealed that the Serie A champions will be obligated to sign him on a permanent basis from Liverpool for £5.2 million if he features in 25 matches this term.

The 27-year-old is currently on a season-long loan deal with the Rossoneri after it became apparent that first team opportunities at Anfield were not forthcoming.

Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has selected the Italy international 13 times in all competitions so far, and Aquilani has divulged the details of a potential permanent move to the Giuseppe Meazza.

"There is a buyout fee set at €6 million [£5.2 million] and it is activated after 25 games," he stated to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I feel more assured. You can never say no to Milan. I have always had the hope of becoming a Rossoneri player."

Aquilani spent last season on loan at Juventus, and believes a long term deal at the Turin club was blocked by Liverpool's large valuation of him.

"I did not expect to be bought by Juventus, the price set by Liverpool [€16 million] was too high. Juventus was an opportunity and I have used it well.

"It was a critical step in my career as after Liverpool I needed to play continuously. Maybe if I had not gone to Juventus I would not be at AC Milan," he concluded.

No comments: