Thursday, October 06, 2011

Title Out Of Liverpool's Reach - Suarez

Luis Suarez has claimed Liverpool's best chance of picking up silverware this season is in the cup competitions, with the Uruguayan suggesting Premier League title contenders Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea are "unreachable".

The forward has been a shining light for Liverpool this season, with his four goals propelling the Reds up to fifth in the table. They are just six points adrift of the Manchester duo, and three behind Chelsea, but Suarez feels they are not on the same level as the pacesetters.

"We have no limit and want to stay in the top four. But winning the Premier League is now very difficult," Suarez told Gazzetta dello Sport. "The two Manchesters and Chelsea are unreachable. But we can win the cups."

The No.7 jersey is held in great esteem at Anfield, having been worn by Kevin Keegan and current Reds boss Kenny Dalglish, but Suarez has claimed he was not aware of its significance when he joined the club from Ajax.

"I didn't know the history of my No.7 shirt at Liverpool," Suarez said. "I picked it because it was one of the few numbers available. Now that I know the story I am proud to wear the 'seven' and I try not to feel the burden of its heritage."

Suarez has adapted well to life in England and has been helped along the way by Dalglish.

"Dalglish tries to talk to me in Spanish and tries to help me," he said. "I appreciate that."

No comments: