Thursday, October 06, 2011

‘I Wouldn’t Swap Luis Suarez For Anyone’ - Jamie Carragher

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has praised team-mate Luis Suarez and said he would not swap him for any other striker in England.

Manchester City forwards Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko have eight and six goals respectively in the Premier League, whilst Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney is the league’s top goalscorer on nine goals.

However, the Anfield veteran has total faith in the Uruguay international and confessed he would not swap the 24-year-old for any other player in the country.

“I know there are great players in the league,” Carragher told talkSPORT. “Aguero has started great, Rooney has started great, all these different players, but I can honestly say, without bias, I wouldn’t swap him for anyone.

“I’m not saying these players aren’t as good as him but, for me, I wouldn’t swap him for anyone. I think he’s fantastic.”

Suarez played a key role in the Merseyside derby on Saturday when Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell was sent off for a lunge on him, before winning a penalty and sealing victory by capitalizing on a defensive mix-up to wrap up a 2-0 win.

He scored four goals last season in the Premier League for Liverpool after arriving in January for an estimated £24 million from Ajax.

The striker has already equalled that total in the 2011-12 campaign and now has nine goals in 22 appearances in all competitions for the Reds.

No comments: