Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rafa Benitez Says He’ll Wait For The Reds’ Call

Rafa Benitez has revealed that he would be open to returning to Liverpool with the manager claiming that should Kenny Dalglish leave the post, he will wait on the Reds’ call to take the job back.

Benitez managed the Anfield club to a Champions League victory, as well as an FA Cup, Community Shield and Super Cup.

And the Liverpool man said he would definitely consider returning to the side should a spot in the managerial position become available.

“I was really proud to be Liverpool manager and I want to be manager in the future,” he said.

“I will wait. I don’t want headlines tomorrow, but I want to support Kenny. But in the future, if I have to wait three, five, 10 years.

“I was really pleased and happy at Liverpool and hopefully they will win a lot of trophies. But when Kenny retires . . . I’ve had two or three phone calls from China, Russia and Mexico, but for me, the priority is the Premier League.”

Liverpool is currently sitting at fifth on the Barclays Premier League table, and have had a mixed start to the season. The club is hoping to challenge for a Champions League spot and become a staple in the top four once more.

No comments: