Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Charlie Adam Denies Diving In Liverpool's Draw With Manchester United

Charlie Adam firmly refuted suggestions that he dived to win the free-kick that led to Liverpool’s goal against Manchester United on Saturday.

The hosts took the lead at Anfield through a Steven Gerrard set-piece that had been won by Adam on the edge of the box after being challenged by Rio Ferdinand.

"Well, everyone has an opinion and I felt a touch," Adam told reporters after the game. "If I hadn't gone down I would have been clear through on goal so there must have been contact. That's the way I look at it."

Television replays appear to support Adam’s version events, although Rio Ferdinand had expressed doubt as to whether his touch was enough to put down the Scotland international.

"I felt contact when I went past Rio and that's the way it goes," Adam continued. "I'm not that type of player. I'm not just going to go down easily. It was a foul and that is why the referee gave it and the goal was just different class. That is why Stevie is one of the best players in the world."

No comments: