Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Liverpool Move Motivates Rangers Starlet

Rangers starlet Gregg Wylde is hoping to follow in the footsteps of Charlie Adam and win a move to the Barclays Premier League.

The 20-year-old has graduated through the youth ranks at Ibrox, following a similar path to that of Adam.

Adam is now an establish part of Liverpool's side after his move from Blackpool last summer, and Wylde says his achievements gives him the belief he can make it to the big time.

"Charlie had been here since he was a wee boy and now he has moved on to better things with Blackpool and Liverpool," he said.

"Hopefully I can do that in my career but I'm happy to play with Rangers and that's the most important thing.

"I'm just concentrating on playing for Rangers because I'm a Rangers fan and hopefully I can stay here for longer."

Adam returns to Rangers for today’s friendly with Liverpool, and Wylde is hoping to make an impression.

"We can take a lot out of it.

"We played Chelsea at the start of the season and I was unfortunate not to play in it but hopefully I can get a shot today and get a run-out against some of the best players in the Premiership."

No comments: