Monday, July 25, 2011

Pacheco Reveals Norwich Interest

Out-of-favour Liverpool striker Dani Pacheco has revealed he would be interested in a return to Norwich in the future.

Pacheco became an immediate favourite with Canaries fans last season during a short loan spell at Carrow Road in which he made six appearances.

Norwich boss Paul Lambert is still on the look-out to strengthen his squad if the right player becomes available and the 20-year-old admitted he would consider rejoining the Canaries if things continue to not work out for him at Liverpool.

Pacheco has made only 14 first team appearances for the Reds since joining them in 2007.

The Spain U21 international told Spanish daily newspaper Diaro Sur: "I hoped for a lot more (at Liverpool); why should I deny it?

"I was told I was going to have opportunities; quite simply, if they don't give me more opportunities, I am very clear I want to leave.

"Above all, I want to play and if I have to leave to do that then there will be no problem.

"Some day I would like to return home. If it happens, it happens. I've become very fond of Norwich and their fans. It's another option for the future and I'll have to assess it."

No comments: