Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Villa Dedicates Goal To Reina

David Villa dedicated his Champions League final goal against Manchester United to the family of Pepe Reina.

Villa scored a sensational goal to give Barcelona a 3-1 lead at Wembley and end Alex Ferguson's hope of lifting a third European Cup.

Afterwards the 29-year-old dedicated his finish to the daughters of close pal Reina.

"I couldn't be happier," said Villa "It's a fantastic result for us in what is such an important stadium in our club's history.

"I dedicate it to all my family, my daughters and also Pepe Reina's, who are like my nieces."

Reina's wife Yolanda gave birth to their first son last week.

Villa's touching dedication comes after teammate Javier Mascherano - who left Anfield last summer - also mentioned Liverpool in his post-match interviews.

He told the TV cameras: "I know some Liverpool supporters were disappointed after my exit, they were a little bit sad with me, but this is for them."

No comments: