Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Agger: I'll Come Back Stronger

Defender Daniel Agger believes he still has plenty to offer Liverpool as he starts out on his latest run down the road to recovery.

Agger played his last game of the season in early April after sustaining a knee injury against West Brom, damaging a tendon and needing two months of rest.

He managed to play only 21 times last season through a combination of illness and injury but believes he will come back stronger than ever.

"The toughest part of being injured is trying to stay positive," Agger told the club's official website.

"It is nothing compared to being on the pitch at Anfield - being outside is a lot worse and a lot harder.

"I appreciate playing football more. I really, really enjoy playing now.

"I have always enjoyed football, but you appreciate it more when you have been out injured so much. You just enjoy every little minute on the pitch, both in training and in games.

"The memory of the games I've played and thoughts of the future are what have kept me going.

"I know I have a lot more to give to this club if I can keep fit."

No comments: