Monday, April 04, 2011

Reds 'Keeper Can't Handle Suarez And Carroll

Liverpool goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi says Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll provide him with plenty of work to do in training.

Although they have yet to fire in unison, Suarez and Carroll have been backed to form a devastating partnership for the Reds sooner rather than later and have already shown glimpses of what they have to offer as a front pairing.

Gulacsi, who joined Liverpool from MTK Hungaria in 2007, knows first-hand how potent the strike duo can be, and the 20-year-old has revealed the £58 million men keep him busy at Melwood.

"People can see how good they are and Luis and Andy are always a real threat for any defence," Gulacsi told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"Andy can keep hold of the ball so well and can challenge for everything, Luis can play just behind him and he has a lot of skill.

"I'm sure both of them will have a great future at Liverpool and they can be a big help for us now in our push for a European place.

"It's difficult facing them in training as both are fantastic players. Luis is really tricky and you don't know what to expect when he faces you.

"You have to be ready for the challenge as he has a powerful shot. I have to say they have scored a few goals past me in training!

"I always have some good banter with Luis on the training ground because I always tell him I am going to keep a clean sheet against him.

"When he scores he comes up to me and gives me a little bit of stick! That's happened a few times I have to say."

No comments: