Friday, April 08, 2011

Lyon Left-Back Snubs Liverpool

Liverpool face a battle to sign Aly Cissokho after the French defender revealed he is happy to stay at Lyon.


Cissokho is rated one of the best defenders in Europe and has also been attracting interest from Juventus and Inter Milan.


Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is hoping to strengthen his squad at the end of the season and is being strongly tipped to make a move for the 23-year-old.


Cissokho admits he is flattered by all the interest but is refusing to get carried away by all the speculation surrounding his long-term future.


Cissokho said: "I have arrived at Lyon and things have not gone badly for me. I have got into the France team and I am thankful for the confidence they have shown in me.


"I am not thinking about interest from other clubs."

No comments: