Friday, April 08, 2011

Carroll Loving Suarez Link-Up

Andy Carroll is confident of forging a lethal strike partnership with fellow new arrival Luis Suarez at Liverpool.

The Reds may have sold Fernando Torres to Chelsea for £50million on deadline day in January but they moved to bring in reinforcements in the shape of Carroll and Suarez.

Supporters have had to wait patiently to get a glimpse of the pair in action together, with Carroll's debut delayed by a thigh injury.

However, the former Newcastle man has started the last two matches alongside Suarez, who already has two goals to his credit.

Carroll has yet to get off the mark for his new club but is excited about the prospect of linking up with the Uruguayan on a regular basis.

He feels they are already developing a decent understanding, saying: "It's been good. In training we've been on the same team and working hard together.

"We've played a couple of games together now which has been promising, so I am looking forward to it.

"As you can see, Luis is fast, can get around people and has fast feet, and he has shown he can finish.

"As we continue to train together, he'll get to know my movements as much as I will know his.

"I'm positive we can score lots of goals for the club. I'm hoping it will be any time now that I will get a goal, and he will probably give me the assist."

The England striker, who scored his first international goal in only his second appearance in last week's friendly against Ghana, is still recovering from being sidelined for more than two months.

It is likely Liverpool will not see the best of the 22-year-old until next season but he is determined to make an impact before the end of the current campaign.

"I feel I am getting towards full fitness," he added.

"I am working hard on it and I am in the gym most days doing extra work.

"I am pushing towards it now and hopefully in the game I should be ready to go.

"It was just a great feeling to score a goal again (for England) after a long injury.

"A goal for Liverpool is what I am waiting for. It's going to be great because the fans have given me a brilliant reception without scoring a goal, and now I can't wait to get a goal and make everyone happy."

No comments: