Saturday, September 04, 2010

I Will Carra On Just Like Ryan

Jamie Carragher aims to carry on playing for three more years after being inspired by Manchester United's old-timers.

The Liverpool centre-back, 33 in January, admits he is prepared to leave Anfield if he is no longer wanted.

But having watched the likes of Ryan Giggs, 36, and Paul Scholes, 35, he feels it is possible. He stresses his testimonial against an Everton XI today to mark 14 years with the Reds is not a sign he is close to quitting.

He said: "I've always had it in my head you finish at 35 but the way people look after themselves you could get another year out of it.

"Some of the Manchester United lads give you inspiration to keep going. I want to play until I'm about 35 or 36 but if the end was before that I'd obviously have to go somewhere else - I would not stop playing football."

Carragher would like to stay at Anfield when he does call it a day. He added: "I would find it very hard not to have football in my life.

"Here would be great. But Liverpool always has top managers and you would have to earn your stripes."

No comments: