Monday, September 06, 2010

Former Liverpool Left-Back Andrea Dossena Relishing Return To Anfield With Napoli

Former Liverpool left-back Andrea Dossena is relishing the prospect of returning to Anfield with Napoli.

The two clubs have been drawn in the same UEFA Europa League group, and the 28-year-old hopes he can show the Kop his true ability.

"I cannot wait to return to play at Anfield," he told the Corriere Dello Sport.

"The first thing that came to my mind when the draw was made was that I'll be back at Anfield," he said.

"The second was that finally I would have the opportunity to show the Liverpool fans who the real Dossena is.

"I want to play in that stadium so much, not out of revenge or rancor, just to have a great game."

Dossena moved to Liverpool from Udinese in 2008 for €9 million but made just 27 appearances for the Reds, scoring two goals.

No comments: