Sunday, July 04, 2010

Yossi Benayoun Excited To Begin New Premier League Season With Chelsea

Flying winger Yossi Benayoun admits he is eagerly anticipating the start of the new Premier League campaign after sealing a move to champions Chelsea.

The 30-year-old signed from Liverpool on Friday and is Carlo Ancelotti's first acquisition this summer.

The Israeli international will link up with his new team-mates on Monday when pre-season training gets underway and he admits he can't wait.

"Everything looks lovely. It is a great training ground and you can see it is one of the best clubs in the world from the way the people here treat you," he told Chelsea's official website.

"I met a few of the staff and the players I know a little bit from playing. It is a good challenge for me and I am ready for it.

"There are a lot of good players, big players. For me it is the beginning and I have to work hard and prove I can bring something to this club.

"The only thing I can promise is I will work hard and do my best, and hopefully it will be good enough."

Benayoun's last appearance for Liverpool at Anfield was against Chelsea in May where the Blues won 2-0, something which lingers in his memory.

"The last home game I knew it would be my last for Liverpool," Benayoun added.

"I tried to do my best but Chelsea were strong. All the years here in England, five years, Chelsea were always a difficult side to play against with big players and that's why they are always there at the top, fighting for trophies - that's why I am glad to be a part of it now."

The Israeli conceded that there were many offers for him on the table to consider, but his choice was straightforward and he is happy to have signed a three-year deal at Stamford Bridge.

"I had offers from a few teams, but when Chelsea came in for me it was the obvious and only thing to think about, and I am glad it came out in the end," he added.

"I leave a great club at Liverpool and I had a great time there, so I am very grateful for them also."

No comments: