Sunday, July 04, 2010

Hodgson Thanks Fans

Roy Hodgson today thanked Liverpool supporters for their messages of support as he stepped-up his pre-season work on only his second day at Melwood.

The new boss was at Melwood on Thursday morning to greet the returning players for their first day back. After overseeing training Hodgson then travelled to Anfield for a photocall and to meet the world's media.

He then held a series of meetings with club captain Steven Gerrard, vice-captain Jamie Carragher and technical staff including Sammy Lee and Kenny Dalglish.

Yesterday he met with medical and fitness staff before overseeing training again at Melwood.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I have had a terrific welcome from supporters and staff. I always knew Liverpool fans were special and the reception I have received from them has been superb. I would like to place on record my thanks to them."

No comments: