Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Panathinaikos Striker Djibril Cisse Wants To Return To Liverpool

Panathinaikos striker Djibril Cisse is hoping that he can make a return to the Premier League and rejoin his former club Liverpool.

The 28-year-old previously spent two seasons with the Reds before making a move to Olympique de Marseille in 2006. A spell out on loan at Sunderland followed, before the Frenchman joined the Greek heavyweights on a permanent transfer in 2009.

He has since rediscovered his form, scoring 23 goals for the Athens-based club last season.

Now, however, Cisse insists that he is ready to make a return to the big time, and hopes to be the answer to questions concerning the depth of the Merseyside club's strike force.

"At Liverpool I didn't have my chance, at Sunderland I had a good time but I fancy coming back to Liverpool - that would be nice," he told Sky Sports News.

"I like Arsenal, because my friends are there, Manchester is nice, but my club is Liverpool - from my club point of view, England is one of the best if not the best."

Concerning his hiatus from English football, Cisse added: "I was missing enjoying football, and a lot of things - I needed to go away for a bit."

No comments: