Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lille Star Gervinho Hints At Liverpool Desire

For the first time since speculation first arose that Liverpool could swoop for Lille winger Gervinho, the winger has responded in a positive manner to the Reds, indicating that a move could be possible.

Previously the Cote d’Ivoire international had rejected speculation that he could leave les Dogues, but in an interview with France Football, he has hinted that there is a possibility he could instead move to England.

“It may be time for me to leave,” he cautiously stated. “What interests me is not just leaving. I enjoy playing time and want to flourish. I will not go at any price. It takes a club more ambitious than Lille.”

Following a successful World Cup campaign on a personal basis, the African has said there will be no rushed departure from the north of France.

“I intend to resume training with the squad and I’ll see how to handle this situation,” he explained. “I know that I am still under contract with Lille. In addition, the atmosphere is wonderful there. It's a good group, a team of the future.

“My intention is not to make a hasty departure.”

Stating that “a footballer must always think bigger”, Gervinho seems to have opened the door to an Anfield move just a little.

No comments: