Saturday, July 17, 2010

Insua Talks Continue

Talks over Emiliano Insua's potential switch from Liverpool to Fiorentina are ongoing, the latter have confirmed.

The Argentine left-back has been linked with a move away from Anfield this summer following manager Roy Hodgson's arrival.

A fee in the region of £5million has been mooted, and the Viola have hinted at their optimism that a deal will be struck.

Fiorentina sports director Pantaleo Corvino told calciomercato.com: "There is a negotiation for Insua, we've been talking (with Liverpool) for a few weeks.

"We are interested in player, we'll see how it will end."

Insua's agent Solomon, meanwhile, has refused to deny that he is in Italy holding talks with Fiorentina.

He told Violanews.com: "Yes, I'm one of Insua's agents, I take care of managing the various negotiations.

"Fiorentina? I don't want to comment, but I cannot confirm or deny I'm not in Florence."

No comments: