Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Glen Johnson: I'm Getting Back To My Best


Liverpool defender Glen Johnson believes he is getting back to his best after his goal-scoring display in Sunday’s 3-0 triumph over Sunderland.

The England right-back missed two-and-a-half months of the season with a knee injury and has taken time to rediscover his form since returning to action in the defeat at Wigan earlier this month.

However, Johnson starred against the Black Cats as he scored for the first time in front of the Kop and created the Reds’ third for Fernando Torres.

“It was a fantastic feeling to score my first goal in front of the Kop,” he said, according to the Liverpool Echo.

“I cut inside and wanted to get a clean strike at goal and it was nice to see it go in with my left foot.

“I’m feeling good again. It’s not easy to come back when you’ve been out for so long but with every game my fitness is getting better.”

Victory kept Liverpool’s hopes of Champions League qualification alive and with six games to play they are four points adrift of fourth placed Tottenham, who have a game in hand.

No comments: