Thursday, January 21, 2010

Federici Shrugs Off Liverpool Talk


Reading goalkeeper Adam Federici has pledged his immediate future to the Royals after reports linked him with a move to Liverpool.

The Australian goalkeeper impressed in both FA Cup games against the Premier League side but Federici is adamant his future lies at Madejski Stadium.

"I have worked so hard to be number one, why would I want to go up there, sit on the bench and start over? I'm enjoying my time as number one and I want to keep this up and go on from there," Federici told the Evening Post.

"It has been quite interesting reading about myself, but I have had no contact from anyone.

"It's good seeing your name in the paper and it is fantastic to be linked with a team like that, but I am a Reading player and am sure I will be for a long time."

No comments: