Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Will Play Anywhere To Play Regularly For Liverpool - Yossi Benayoun


Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun has revealed he is happy to play wherever his manager ask him, if it means starting regularly.

The Israel captain has made several appearances off the bench for the Anfield club but is hopeful that his versatility can finally secure a starting spot.

Benayoun told Liverpool's official website, "Every player wants to start every game but it is the manager's decision to decide who is to start and who will not, so every time that I get my chance I just try to do my best.

"Even if I only get to come on for 10 or 20 minutes or, like on Wednesday night, when I get to start I always give my all. I always try my best to impress."

The twenty-nine-year old has won many fans with his attitude towards the game, both at club and national level.

In the Euro 2008 qualification round Benayoun received several injections in order to be available for Israel's match against Croatia.

Benayoun played through the pain barrier with an effort that ruled him out of action for his then club side, West Ham United, for several weeks.

The versatile midfielder admits he wants to play more but believes the best way to do that is to work hard and impress his manager.

"Of course I want to start more and more games but my job is to work hard and try to prove myself and this is what I try to do," he added.

"I like to play from the left. A few years ago for the national team in Israel I always played on the left and I enjoy it.

"I am able to cut inside to the middle and get plenty of the ball, which makes it a bit easier. But I will be happy to play anywhere."

Benayoun has made 91 appearances for Liverpool since his move from West Ham in 2007, scoring 20 goals.

No comments: