Saturday, August 22, 2009

Everything Was Easier In Brazil - Liverpool's Lucas Leiva

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva has admitted that he found adjusting to life in England a challenge.

The Brazilian international has been handed the tough task of replacing Spanish international Xabi Alonso at anfield this season and admits he found the game much easier back in Brazil.

He told Liverpool's official website, "Back in Brazil everything seemed to progress perfectly from when I was a kid. I played well, scored goals and won titles - it was easy.

"When I moved to Liverpool it was suddenly different and I've had some difficult moments. However, these experiences can help me. They have made me stronger."

The twenty-two-year-old is confident he can help Liverpool push on towards an historic Premier league title and is hopeful of adjusting his game to become more of an attacking influence for the club.

"I realised I had to be stronger. I've done plenty of work in pre-season so I'm better able to cope with the physical side of the game here," he added.


"I feel stronger. I'm playing well and I'm enjoying it here. I hope that continues.

"Now, I think I'll be able to get forward more and believe I can have a good year and help us challenge for the title again."

No comments: