Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Agger - No Reds Deal


Liverpool defender Daniel Agger admits he is no closer to signing a new deal at Anfield.

Reports last weekend claimed Agger had agreed terms over a new long-term contract only for his agent to quickly rebuff the suggestion.

Agger, who has less than 18 months to run on his current contract, has confirmed he has not agreed a new deal and that he is ready to wait until the summer to sort out his future.

"There is no dialogue on a new contract with the club. It seemed like Liverpool were eager to close this deal and sign a new contract, but that proved to be wrong," Agger told Ekstra Bladet.

"For me it's ok to wait and see how things evolve in the summer. I believe that I am in a good position for negotiations and I wish for more time in the red jersey."

Agger is maintaining his focus on staying fit and playing regularly after seeing last season ravaged by injury because of a serious foot problem.

"I have more games in my body, and wish to fall into the rhythm.

"At this level you can't afford to make mistakes. I will only be judged when I am playing, regardless of how long you have been sidelined.

"I want to play every game but unfortunately that's not possible.

"But I am happy now that myself, Carragher and Skrtel all are fit. So now it's up to Rafa Benitez."

No comments: