Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lucas: Life Is Quiet Compared To Brazil


Lucas Leiva has spoken of his tough ordeal breaking into Liverpool's first team, and says life in England is quieter than in Brazil.

Lucas Leiva was considered hot property upon his arrival at Liverpool, along with Denilson the Brazilian pair were believed to have safeguarded the national team's midfield, but both have since been eclipsed by last season's form of Manchester United's Anderson.

Regarding his relationship with Denilson and Anderson, Leiva told Liverpool's official website: "I'm close to Anderson, because we used to play together at Gremio."

"I've not had much contact with Denilson, apart from when we've faced each other on the pitch. The fact we're all doing well over here reflects a change in the Brazilian mind-set."

Leiva also shared how different life is in England compared to his native Brazil: "Compared to Brazil, life is quiet here. We only train in the morning, and we can do what we want in the afternoons."

"On days off I try to visit new places. I've been to London, which reminds me of Sao Paulo, and to the Beatles museum. But the main focus is my career, so when one of our rivals is on TV, I stay at home to watch it," he said.

"I live with my girlfriend and a housekeeper I brought over from Brazil to help us cook - I didn't want to change my eating habits too much!"

"I also live near other Liverpool players - Fabio Aurelio, Alvaro Arbeloa, Yossi Benayoun, Pepe Reina and Fernando Torres - so it's a very good neighbourhood to live in."

On Liverpool's Champions League winning credentials, Leiva added: "It's too early to say at the moment, but we believe in our squad. The club have a great history in the Champions League, but a lot of other clubs think they can win it this season, too."

No comments: