Friday, October 17, 2008

Degen: I Don't Understand Scousers


Liverpool's Swiss full-back Philipp Degen admits that, whilst he settling into life on Merseyside, he can't make head nor tail of the Scouse dialect.

Things are looking up for Philipp Degen for the first time since he joined Liverpool on a Bosman from German side Borussia Dortmund over the summer.

The 25-year-old has almost recovered from the broken ribs and punctured lung he sustained during the Carling Cup tie against Crewe Alexandria in the early days of the season.

Now, as he eyes an imminent return to the squad, he admits that he's finally feeling positive about his recent move.

"I have seen a little bit of Liverpool and it's a great city," he told the club's official website.

"When I'm out I like to be open and try new things and sometimes the fans come over.

"There's a great respect, but sometimes it's difficult to understand Scousers.

"I have been taking lessons at Melwood. There's only one language here and that's English, so I am trying every day."

Seemingly the Reds' star-studded cast are all speaking Scouse at training, presumably with an international flair.

No comments: