Saturday, October 11, 2008

Abalimba Praised As Liverpool Continue To Assess The Trialist

Liverpool are checking out Medi Abalimba in different positions as the Southend United teenager continues his extended trials with the English giants.

The Congolese midfielder, who turns 17 next week, has found the reserve team outings more physical, but he has been excited training with the Reds stars, winger Jermaine Pennant and defender Sami Hyypia, and also that he has been getting a positive feedback.

Abalimba told the Essex Echo: “I played on the right wing against Manchester City and I did OK even though it isn’t my preferred position.

“Most of the players playing were 23 or 24-years-old so it was a lot more physical than I am used to.

“That was my first game at that level but the reserve team manager said he was proud of how I played.”

“I trained with Jermaine Pennant and Sami Hyypia the other day,” he added. “I did some work with Jamie Carragher too but there aren’t many of the first team players about at the moment because of the international break.”

No comments: