Thursday, September 25, 2008

Liverpool Flop Jermaine Pennant Vows To Rescue Anfield Career


Jermaine Pennant is hoping his first taste of action this season can resurrect his Anfield career.

The Liverpool winger has been cold-shouldered by boss Rafa Benitez since he refused a move during the summer.

But he was finally given a first-team outing in Tuesday's 2-1 Carling Cup win over Crewe and turned in an impressive performance.

"From my own point of view it was just nice to get 90 minutes under my belt," said Pennant. "It doesn't matter whether it's the Carling Cup or another competition to me, it's good to get a run out and I enjoyed every minute of it.

"When you're at a club like Liverpool you are going to have to fight for your place so I'll keep plugging away."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He was genuinely a good player but then his attitude was terrible as of "most" english players...