Monday, September 08, 2008

Arbeloa: Why Would I Want To Leave?


Alvaro Arbeloa has poured cold water on reports that he is looking to engineer a move away from Liverpool.

Rumours that the 25-year-old Spanish defender is unsettled at Anfield surface intermittently, despite both he and the cub continuously insisting that such concerns are completely unfounded.

The most recent media reports were suggesting that the ex Deportivo La Coruna star is looking to move back to La Primera Liga at the next best opportunity.

"I don't know where all the speculation that I am not happy has come from but it is miles from the truth," Arbeloa insisted to the Daily Star Sunday.

"I am at a massive club. I have played in a European Cup semi-final and a final too since I came here. I also broke into the national team through my displays for Liverpool.

"There is competition for places here just the same as there is at any big club. But I know if I play well, play to a really high level, then the manager has confidence in me and will play me in his team.

"I have played anywhere the manager has asked me to play and I will do the same again this season," he concluded.

No comments: