Friday, August 02, 2013

Andre Ayew Wants To Hold Liverpool Talks Soon

Liverpool is on red alert for Andre Ayew who has expressed a desire to hold talks with the club.

The 23-year-old, who had previously rejected his desire to leave the Stade Velodrome has had a change of heart after being played out of position.

Marseille's president Vincent Labrune emphatically stated earlier this week that Ayew is not for sale, saying: "Let me be clear: I am counting on all the players who are here."

A cluster of clubs including the Reds and AC Milan have been keeping an eye on Ayew, and it seems the Ghanaian is willing to enter into talks.

Ayew stressed his desire to join his childhood club Liverpool last month.

"It's a league (the Premier League) every player dreams about," Ayew said.

"I speak English, and the English league is the one most followed here in Ghana. It's true that I have a real preference for England.

"I have a little preference for the Reds. I've always followed them ever since I was little, Liverpool, and Real Madrid."

Ayew weighed in with nine goals for Marseille in Ligue 1 last term.

No comments: